by HOMEPAGE CAPITAL SDN BHD
The terms and conditions of this Agreement govern your use of the services provided by Homepage Capital Sdn Bhd (Company No: 1282388-P) of B-5-6, Medan Connought 1, Jalan 3/144A Cheras Sentral Mall, 56000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (“We” or “Our” or “Us” or “Homepage”), a Malaysian entity, either itself or through its subsidiaries or licensees, via various electronic platforms such as the Homepage Mobile Application or any other platforms designated by Us (“Application”).
By using the Application, you are indicating that you have read and understand the terms and conditions herein. If you do not agree with the terms, please do not use this Application.
For avoidance of doubt, this Agreement applies to all users of the Application including a landlord or property or a person finding a property inclusive of home owners, parcel owner, landowner and/or landlords which not limited to only immovable property.
There shall be no impersonation of individual and any person who wishes to proceed with this application shall in anyway understood that any images, information, listing and not limited to any graphic or documents uploaded in the application must be authorized to do so and the person must be the owner of the said information and land owner.
By submitting such personal information, we will be processing the personal information provided by you or any third parties and/or further information and data that may be required by us from time to time.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In general, other than providing you with the Services and other services incidental or related to the Services, we may use the information provided to us for the following purposes:-
- process and manage the use of the Services not limited as to the mobile application;
- respond to your inquires;
- personalized promotion created by us by using your information which you have agreed to disclose and require to process and be processed;
- To maintain and provide further improvement of the services in terms of research and development for the purpose of developing new system or protection of users;
- Enforcement of Terms and Use which you have agreed earlier to be binding upon you as users;
- Research tools for development of data;
- general operation and maintenance of the Application including audit and its related portal(s);
- provide you with regular communications (other than direct marketing materials) from us relating to the Services; and
- Investigative works involving any complaints or suspicious behavior and suspicious transaction which warrant us to act accordingly.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Some of your personal information will be made public. This includes your profile picture, name, location and contact details. You then agreed that we may also share your personal information with:-
- other users when the both of you enters into a transaction be it rental or sales purchase of property;
- our subsidiaries and licensees and our parent and other affiliated companies for the purpose of developing or marketing new products, services or portals that are developed by our related companies and informing you of such new products, services or portals;
- service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as merchants, partners, fraud investigations, bill collection, monitoring of user behavior, the processing of payments for any products or services, debt collection agencies, legal advisors, accountants and auditors);
- any person, who is under a duty of confidentiality to which has undertaken to keep such data confidential, which we have engaged to fulfill our obligations to you.
- We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or if we have good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to protect and/or defend our rights and interests. In any event, we may be required by the law enforcement agency for fraud investigation or any investigation required by any agency at the material time to surrender the information we held of which inclusive of your personal information. We may, as permitted by applicable law, disclose your personal information to third parties in connection with an investigation of fraud, infringement, piracy, tax avoidance and evasion or other unlawful activity and you expressly authorize us to make such disclosures.
- If we are merged or acquired by another entity, you shall agree that taken note that all of your personal information may be transferred to such entity as a part of the merger or acquisition.
- We may extract share and use your personal data from and to credit reporting agencies for the purpose of eligibility in renting a property and rental transaction history. We may also share your personal data to debt collecting agencies in the event of a default in any payment. We may also share your data to any law agency, private law firm for the purpose of initiating civil suits against you.
- You are also aware and agree to give consent to credit reporting agencies to process your credit information including CCRIS and cheque details from Bank Negara Malaysia.